How to Download, Install, and Use Fonts on a Digital Planner
Fonts are an important part of any digital planner. They can add personality and flair to your pages, and make them more readable. Here is a guide on how to download, install, and use fonts on a digital planner!
One of the most important features of a digital planner is the ability to customize the look and feel of the planner using fonts and colors. By understanding how to install and use fonts, you can create a planner that is uniquely yours. Additionally, using the right fonts can make your planner more user-friendly and help you focus on your tasks. New to digital planning? Check out this blog post.
Use the table of contents below to jump to specific parts of the blog post:
This page contains affiliate links to products I use, love, and highly recommend. I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this blog post. Thank you for your support!
How to Download & Install Fonts on the iPad
Learning how to download and install fonts on an iPad is important for a number of reasons. First, fonts can help you to customize the look and feel of your planner. Second, fonts can help to reduce the amount of time that you spend formatting your planner. Finally, fonts can help you to keep track of your appointments and events more easily.
My favorite places to buy bundles of fonts are The Creative Market, The Hungry JPEG, and Font Bundles.
2. Install and open the app “AnyFont” on your iPad. Click the “+” in the top-middle of the screen. I save all my fonts in a Cloud folder, that I can easily install them on my iPad.
This is also a great way to make sure you have backup copies of all your fonts just in case something happens to your iPad or computer.
3. Find the font(s) on your > click on it to add it to AnyFont
4. You will see the font on the left side of the screen (see image below) > click on the font > click on the green “Install” button.
5. Click “allow” on the small pop-up window.
6. Click “close” in the pop-up window.
7. Go to your iPad’s settings > General > click on “Profiles”.
8. In the “Profiles” settings > click on the font, the one that is at the top of the screen.
9. Follow the steps on the image below to install the font. After the third step click on “install”.
10. After the 3rd step in the image above, you will get an “install profile” pop-up window. Click “install” and voila! The font has been installed on your iPad.
Repeat steps 6 – 9 to install the other fonts that you have in the AnyFont app.
How to Install Fonts on a Mac Computer
If you are installing fonts for my digital planner, click on the instructions manual. Go to the second page, here you will find a list of the fonts the planner requires.
- Click on the names of the fonts. If you use Google Chrome, a pop-up will appear “Preview will open this link in Google Chrome”, choose “Open”
- The download button will appear at the top of the page or at the bottom. Please keep an eye out to avoid clicking on the ads.
After clicking download you will get a pop-up window asking you where to save the font. I save all my fonts in OneDrive, just in case I need to reset my computer or need to find a specific font to install on my iPad, I can find all my fonts in one place.
How to Use Fonts on a Digital Planner
- Decide which app you are going to use for digital planning. I personally love to use the apps Notability and GoodNotes. You can purchase a digital planner from my shop or you can create your own digital planner.
- Follow the instructions on this tutorial to learn how to import your planner into the Notability and GoodNotes apps.
To use the fonts in the Keynote app
To use the fonts in the Notability app
In the top-middle of the screen, select the “T” tool and type something on the screen > double click on the text to select it > from the keyboard tool choose a different font for the text.
If you need inspiration to decorate the blank pages of your digital planner, check out my digital bullet journal!
To use the fonts in the GoodNotes app
In the top-middle of the screen, click on the “T” tool. Type something on the screen > click on the font and select all > in the top-right of the screen, select the [Aa] icon. Select the font you want to use in your text.
3. Use the pen and highlighter tools to decorate the pages of your planner. I have a tutorial where I explain how to decorate digital planner using fonts, stickers, and printables!
If you want to learn about digital planners and bullet journaling join my Facebook group! Readers from all over the world share their bullet journal and digital planner spreads. It’s amazing to learn from other people that share a common interest.
Check out my collection of digital planners & stickers.♡
Popular Blog Posts:
– Let’s Connect –