Come learn how to decorate your digital planner/digital bullet journal in the iPad GoodNotes. The tutorial explains step-by-step how to use printables, fonts, and stickers to create your own spreads.
Need ideas for you GoodNotes Digital Planner? Learn how to decorate a digital planner/digital bullet journal in GoodNotes using digital planner stickers, fonts, and printables. Scroll down to learn more about each tutorial.
Please use the table of contents below to navigate through the tutorial:
This page contains affiliate links to products I use, love, and highly recommend. I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this blog post. Thank you for your support!
In the Shop!
Skip the DIY part of digital planning! In my shop, I have a collection of digital planners & stickers that you can use in the apps GoodNotes, Notability, Xodo, and more. ♡
How to Decorate a Digital Planner in Goodnotes – Video:
Here is a video tutorial that explains in more detail how to decorate a digital planner in the GoodNotes app. The video follows the same steps that I mention in this blog post.
How to Decorate a Digital Bullet Journal with Stickers
1. If you purchased the stickers from my shop, the stickers came in a zip file format. Unzip the file and save the stickers to a cloud folder (OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive).
2. Open the GoodNotes app > from the bottom of the screen, swipe your finger towards the top of the screen to see the menu bar > gently press on the cloud folder, without lifting your finger, drag the folder towards the right side of the screen (see the video below for reference).
3. Drag and drop the sticker sheet into the GoodNotes app. Use the crop tool to select one sticker from the sticker sheet.
Use the rectangle option (image on the right) to select large stickers. Use the freehand tool (image on the left) to select specific parts from the sticker.
Use the lasso tool options to move the stickers, text, and drawings.
- Click on the lasso tool and uncheck the images option to move only your drawings.
- Click on the lasso tool and uncheck the handwriting option to move only your stickers or images.
How to Decorate a Digital Bullet Journal with Drawings
Another way to decorate your digital planner is with drawings. Use the pen and highlighter tool in the toolbar to decorate the digital stickers or the blank pages of the planner. The video above shows you how I decorated these two pages with drawings.
On the image below, I used the fountain pen to draw the roses and the washi tape in the corners of the table. I used the highlighter tool to add color to the inside of the roses, petals, and the washi tape. I also used the highlighter tool to color the borders of the table and to create a cute banner with lights in the right page.
How to Decorate a Digital Bullet Journal with Printables
A fast and easy way to decorate the pages of your planner is with printables. Check out my collection of FREE bullet journal printables.
- Save the printable in iCloud > find the printable in your cloud folder > click on the printable to make the sidebar and other tools disappear.
- Hold the power button and the home button at the same time to take a screenshot.
- Use the blue dashes to select the parts of the printable that you want to save and click done to save the printable to the camera roll.
2. Open the GoodNotes app, in the toolbar select the “image icon”. Click on the pages of the planner, a pop-up “photos” window will appear. Choose the screenshot of the printable.
3. Resize the printable to fit your planner.
How to Decorate a Digital Bullet Journal with Fonts
1. The first step to add fonts to your digital planner is to install fonts on your iPad. Follow the steps on this tutorial to learn how to install fonts on your iPad. After you have installed a couple of fonts:
In the top-middle of the screen, click on the “T” tool. Type something on the screen > click on the font and select all > in the top-right of the screen, select the [Aa] icon. Select the font you want to use on your text.
Use the pen and highlighter tools to draw boxes, flowers, and other designs on the pages of your planner. If you need inspiration, check out how I decorate my digital bullet journal.
I hope you found this tutorial interesting! Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section. Join my Facebook group to learn more about digital planning, to ask questions, and to share your digital planner setups.
Check out my collection of:
– Let’s Connect –